Lent Devotional Reading Plan:
For Lent this year, which begins with Ash Wednesday on February 17th, we will be using the book, “Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, Day by Day,” as a congregation wide devotional. This book will guide us through short times of quiet, prayer, and meditation, twice a day every day (except Sundays) during Lent. Check-in meetings will take place each Monday at 9:00am beginning February 15th, through March 29th. These are meant to be times to get together with others who are participating and share experiences and ask questions. Please contact the church office for information on a Zoom link to participate and/or how to get a book. 334-887-3901
Sunday Worship Services will continue with an 8:00am in person worship service and the 10:30am. Blended service offered online only via FaceBook Live.
We will gather for worship each Wednesday during Lent at 7pm, beginning with Ash Wednesday on February 17th, through March 24th. We will worship in the sanctuary with distancing protocols in place (distanced seating in marked pews, masks at all times…) and these services will also be available on Zoom and Facebook. Each week will look at a place where a significant event happened in the Passion of Jesus and open the Scriptures to see the truth for us today! Consider sharing the zoom link or our Facebook page with a friend and invite them to walk through Lent with Jesus this year!
- February 17: (With imposition of Ashes and communion) The City of Jerusalem, Matthew 26:1-5
- February 24: Bethany, Matthew 26:6-13
- March 3: The Mount of Olives, Matthew 26:30-35
- March 10: The Garden of Gethsemane, Matthew 26:47-56
- March 17: The Courtyard, Matthew 26:57-69
- March 24: Pilate’s Judgment Hall, Matthew 27:11-23
- March 28: Palm Sunday: Bethphage, Matthew 21:1-11
- April 1: Maundy Thursday: The Upper Room, Matthew 26:17-29
- April 2: Good Friday: Golgotha, Matthew 27:45-56
- April 4: Easter Sunday: The Garden Tomb, Matthew 28:1-10